Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Inserting the Copyright Symbol

There are a number of ways to insert the copyright symbol, but this is probably the fastest:

ALT + 0169 (you have to do this on the number pad - it won't work using the top numbers)

If you are on a laptop and your laptop doesn't have a number pad or if you have a MAC, click the link below for other options. You can also find the copyright symbol in the symbols (insert, symbols) area of Microsoft Word.

http://bermangraphics.com/tips/copyright-symbol.htm

Check your laptop closely. On first glance it may not seem to have a number pad, but I can use the function key (if you have one it should be near your space bar or Ctrl key) on my laptop and use part of my letter keyboard as my number pad (the numbers are highlighted in blue on the keys). So for my laptop I use ALT+Fn+0169 (MJO9 on my keyboard).

Post by: LWC Director Karen Aldridge. Visit her personal blog at My Writing Loft.

No comments: